Sports Premium Funding
Government departments have provided every Primary School with funding to develop PE, Sport and Health. In our school, we are using some of this funding to work in partnership with Total Sporting Solutions to provide our children with a range of sports clubs and activities. We will also use the funding to continue the enrichment of our PE curriculum with new resources, school teams and sporting competitions.
By working together, we aim to:
- Increase the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate
- Develop links to community sports clubs and providers
- Promote leadership skills through sport and provide pathways for both talented children and those with special needs in sport
- Encourage maximum participation in physical activity and deliver health programmes to improve the wellbeing of our children
For more information regariding our PE funding for our school please click here.
After using the Sport Premium funding to further enrich our PE curriculum and meet the aims mentioned above, we will spend some money on increasing the number of children taking part in intra and inter school competitions and activities, and provide a variety of interesting after school clubs.
Please see the list below for the an overview of some of the planned activities that will taking place this academic year:
St Peter's Sports Events and clubs 2022 - 2023
Active lunchtimes - a range of sports equipment is available for children to use under supervised conditions. Trained play leaders from Y3 and Y4 to assist with activities.
- Y5/6 Football competition
- Liam Cooper Academy clubs
- Sports leadership training
- Golf and Archery Club
- KS1 Dancing and Cheerleading
- KS2 Football
- Multi-sports Lunch Club
- Dance and Movement Club
- TBC by March 2023
*Please note this is not an exhaustive list. All participants for each event will be notified by letter.
Networking / planning / communication events:
Batley Sports Parish networking events attended by PE coordinator
Pyramid networking events attended by PE coordinator
PE coordinator networking events attended by PE coordinator